As a degree certified Naturopath and Nutritionist, Mark Westhead is passionate about rejuvenating and restoring his patient’s optimal health and wellbeing through the use of evidence-based dietary and lifestyle changes and where necessary, through the implementation of nutritional supplements and herbal medicine. Mark is a firm believer in discovering and treating the underlining cause of chronic illness and treating the whole person, not just concealing the symptoms, in an effort to restore vitality and return his patients to a state of good health. Mark often works in conjunction with dental clinics.
Mark’s services include:
- Naturopathic Consultations (in person and online) – To discover if there are any familial traits, a brief medical history of the family will be gathered. Following that, you’ll get an in-depth look at your nutrition as well as lifestyle aspects like your amount of daily activity. A basic physical exam, including blood pressure, pulse, eye, tongue, and fingernails, will be performed for in-clinic consultations.
- Diet and Nutritional Analysis – We are duped into thinking that low-fat and fat-free items are healthier options because fat makes you fat. Natural fats are flavorful as well as nutritious, yet processed goods lose their flavour when the fat is removed. As a result, food producers use both sugar and salt to make their products more appealing.
- Food Sensitivity Testing – It is feasible to determine which meals are causing your digestive issues by testing IgG antibodies that are linked to certain dietary proteins. Food sensitivities promote inflammation in the digestive tract and other regions of the body, either locally or systemically. Acid reflux, bloating, gas, constipation, and diarrhoea are common symptoms. Other symptoms, such as skin issues or joint pain, may, however, appear. Cognitive problems such as brain fog, migraines, or mood swings can develop in certain people.
- Mood Appraisal – The Mood Appraisal questionnaire is a method for determining which neurotransmitter pathways require assistance. A 66-question mood rating questionnaire is emailed to you and takes around 10 minutes to complete. Each enquiry is linked to one or more neurotransmitters and offers information about each neurotransmitter’s condition.
- Gut Microbiome Testing – How gut microbiota testing can help you feel better. In the clinic, we use Complete Microbiome Mapping to figure out what’s going on in your gut. The test is designed to examine your microbiome from a single stool sample, with a focus on microbes that cause disease, disrupt normal microbial balance, and contribute to gut flora dysbiosis, which can lead to illness.
- MTHFR Wellbeing Testing – What exactly is MTHFR testing? Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) is a methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase enzyme. Now you know why it’s referred to as MTHFR. It’s all about the methylation process, which is one of the body’s most critical biological routes.